There are 5 modules within this programmewhich includes an assessment at the end: :
The course familiarizes the learner with
basic food hygiene practices so they are able to work safely near food.
- Who is this course for?
- Why is food hygiene important?
- Food hygiene law, understanding food safety, and health issues caused by contaminants.
- Microbiological hazards.
- Allergenic hazards.
- Physical hazards, and
- Chemical hazards.
- The conditions for bacterial growth.
- Temperature control, controlling time.
- Low and high risk foods,
controlling microbiological hazards.
- Allergenic contamination
- Controlling physical hazards
- Controlling chemical hazards
- Food deliveries, refrigeration and pests.
- Hand hygiene.
- Hair hygiene.
- Body hygiene and bad habits
- Protective clothing, and
- Why is cleaning important?
- Waste management.
- Cleaning and disinfection.
- Clean as you go.
- Dishwashers, and scheduling cleaning.